After the twin blasts at Abdullah Shah Ghazi shrine at Clifton beach, Karachi, Pakistan which left twelve people dead and 70 injured, it was quickly announced by Pakistani authorities that one suicide bomber had been identified. Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Friday told the National Assembly:
that one of the bombers, who attacked the Abdullah Shah Ghazi shrine on Thursday, has been identified. The bomber is from the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) and is a member of the Mehsud tribe, Malik said. The recent blasts can be traced back to Waziristan, the minister said. The minister vowed to give a befitting response in case of violation of Pakistani air or ground space.
It turns out that this may not be true at all. As Geo TV writes:
KARACHI: For a new twist in the tale, the alleged suicide bomber of Hazrat Abdullah Shah Ghazi’s (R.A) shrine has arrived home late Friday, Geo News reported.
FIA and CID officials yesterday jointly announced name of Naseebullah Gul being one between two suicide bombers who carried out bombings at shrine.
Later, the brother and father of the allegedly declared suicide bombers were arrested upon reaching hospital for identification of the dead body of Naseebullah Gul, who now have been set free.
Federal Interior Minister Abdul Rehman Malik had also endorsed the statement of CIA and FIA officials, which declared Naseebullah Gul an alleged suicide bomber.
I am not sure as to which sources is more reliable here…(but I tend to give Geo TV more credence).